As CEO of International Sports Corporation I want to say a word about thanksgiving. I was asked by Roger Frew, the designer of the H-Box® box hockey product with Allen Hepworth, engineer, in 2011 to help them bring their product to market. In confess that at the time I was not enthusiastic due, in part, to that fact that I already had full time employment and was working on a couple of my own projects. Nevertheless, I renegade and committed to helping in 2012.
Anyone who has ever been involved with a startup company knows that it involves hours of work, often little of it paid, and stress. This can sometimes make us take our eye off the ball and, more importantly, take our focus off the many, many blessings we enjoy.
So here is my word about thanksgiving and some of the blessings for which I am personally grateful.
- I am grateful that I have the privilege to live in the greatest country on earth – the United States of America. While we can sometimes get too focused on the problems, and there are many, we need to always remember that God has blessed this country above all others, despite the fact that we too frequently ignore him.
- I am grateful for the men and women and their families that are committed to keeping us safe.
- I am grateful for my wife and family and church, who keep me grounded while providing tremendous support.
- I am grateful for my colleagues at ISC and the support and assistance they provide in making the H-Box® box hockey product the best box hockey product in the world and the company one of the best companies for which one could wish to work.
- I am grateful for all those relationships, close and distant, that make life worth living.
Most of all, I am grateful to God from whom all blessings flow.
I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving Season. Enjoy your blessings and remember to give thanks, even for the trials and tribulations of everyday life, because it is those that prepare you for tomorrow.